As at 31 May 2018
Version 2261 - 2018.05.31
ChristmannSchmitt collects information about your terminal (computer, tablet, mobile, etc.) using cookies.
The purpose of this Policy is to inform you about the different types of cookies used in the context of the Website and their management.
1. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file saved on your terminal. It has a unique identifier assigned to your terminal and enables the Website to remember your actions and preferences (such as your language preferences) for a given period of time. As a result, you do not need to provide certain information each time you access the Website or navigate from page to page.
Not all cookies contain personal data. However, where this is the case, this data is processed in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Policy.
2. What types of cookies are used by ChristmannSchmitt and for what purposes?
ChristmannSchmitt utilise different types of cookies:
- strictly necessary cookies: these cookies these cookies are absolutely necessary for the proper functioning of the Website. If these cookies are blocked, you will not be able to access the Website;
- functional cookies: these cookies are used by ChristmannSchmitt to give you access to certain functions of the Website and to facilitate and improve your browsing experience;
- analyse cookies: these cookies enable ChristmannSchmitt to analyse how visitors use the Website to improve its quality and your browsing experience.
We may store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of the Website. For all other types of cookies, we need your permission.
3. For how long are cookies stored?
ChristmannSchmitt uses session cookies and permanent cookies:
- session cookies are automatically deleted as soon as you leave the Website or close your browser;
- permanent cookies remain saved in your browser until the end of their lifespan or until you delete them using the features of your browser. Permanent cookies enable the choices you have made to be remembered and ensure optimal browsing of the Website.
4. What cookies are used by the Website?
- Necessary cookies
These cookies are collected by ChristmannSchmitt.
ChristmannSchmitt: This cookie serves to activate functions of the Website. No personal data is stored. It is kept for so long as the browsing session lasts.
- Statistical cookie
These cookies are collected by Google Analytics.
__utma: this cookie collects data on the number of visits to the Website by the User as well as the data of the first and most recent visits. It is stored for 14 months.
__utmb and __utmc: this cookie records the exact time at which the User accessed and left the Website. It is used by Google Analytics to calculate the length of the Website browsing session. It is kept for so long as the browsing session lasts.
__utmt: this cookie is used to speed up the time taken for the server to deal with requests. It is kept for so long as the browsing session lasts.
__utmz: this cookie is used to collect the following data: the source of traffic, the support for this source of traffic, the keyword used if the User comes to the Website by means of a search engine. It is stored for 6 months.
5. How can you manage your cookies?
You can also manage your cookie settings from your internet browser. For more information on how to manage cookies through your browser, please refer to the ‘Help’ section of that browser.
When you object to the installation or use of a cookie, a refusal cookie is installed on your device. Similarly, when you agree to the installation of cookies, a consent cookie is installed.
6. Who should you contact to ask about the use of your cookies?